Thursday, August 11, 2011

Neighborhood Kids (Part 2 of 2)

I'm relatively certain he didn't recognize the kid who shot his cat with a BB gun some 30 years prior (don't worry, the cat was fine). There was nothing memorable about that glance but for a fleeting moment I felt that I owed an apology. That was just before I remembered a time when he blasted me with a garden hose for cutting through his yard on my bike. Then it dawned on me, that's just how neighborhoods are.


The basic right of land ownership has created a unique relationship between people living alongside one another. These relations have been highlighted in novels, television shows and movies for years. With that being said, who are some great, or not so great, Hollywood "neighbors" you remember?


Here's my Top 5 Neighbor List...


5. Barney Rubble: Generally a great guy; willing to help stop your car at high speeds with his bare feet.


4. Cockroach from The Cosby Show: Seemed like the kind of guy I'd want to be around. Cool dressing, smooth talking...


3. Larry from Threes Company: A great wingman, especially if you like to hang out at the Regal Beagle.


2. Cosmo Kramer: Never a dull moment, he might even sleep in your cupboard now and then.


1. Wilson: Whenever you need sage advice this guy will be on the other side of the fence tinkering in his backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment